Saturday, November 13, 2010

IMATS Recap!



Last weekend was the International Makeup Artist Trade Show in Toronto. I attended on Saturday. It was my first year going, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. I did hear that Make Up For Ever was going to be 40% off so I decided it was a good idea to get there early and hopefully avoid crazy crowds.


I got there right at opening and as you can see, it was still quite crowded. I even made up a list of what I wanted to get before going in hopes of being in and out of there quickly. I was disappointed to find out that they were not selling their eye shadows individually, only in pre picked palettes of 10.

I ran into Enrica pretty soon after I arrived and we browsed the booths together until it was time for Kandee Johnson's Q&A session. We were hoping to run into some other Toronto Beauty Bloggers there, but it was hard to find anyone because it was so crowded. We were lucky to get the last couple of seats available.


YouTube Guru Kandee Johnson

Kandee spoke about how she got started and answered audience questions about things ranging from getting into the industry, to air brushing and she gave makeup tips and tricks along the way.

Next, we went to a MAC presentation by Nadine Luke.






Nadine is MAC's Director of Makeup Artistry. She's the artist that did the famous Pamela Anderson Viva Glam ad campaign. She talked about the Fall and Winter trends, and also demonstrated some techniques on a model.

There was an Alice in Wonderland themed student competition and awards show going on, and I was able to get pictures of many of the entries.












The winner!

It's absolutely amazing how great everyone looked!


Body painting


Enrica with one of the fabulous models.

I had so much fun, I'm already looking forward to next year.

Stay tuned for my IMATS haul post!

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Can't wait to see your haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Hope to see your haul soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked it! I'm already making a list for the next IMATS:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was sad i didnt get anything from MUFE at the LA imats! glad you got to go though

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so going to the LA one in June 2011. I gotta start saving up. Can't wait to see you haul & thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete