Friday, March 19, 2010

Moroccan Oil Review

My hair can be a real pain to deal with. I’ve got dry, damaged, curly hair that’s incredibly frizzy most of the time. I put it up in a bun most days when I go to work, and when I do wear it down, I always straighten it with a flat iron. I’ve never quite mastered how to make it look nice curly, but that’s another story.

I’ve recently been hearing a lot of hype about Moroccan Oil. It claims to strengthen and condition as well as restore shine. I figured I’d give it a go. The price of this stuff is a bit steep. I was able to find a mini 25ml bottle of it and decided to buy that to see if I liked it enough to purchase a full size bottle.



I apply this on my damp hair and then blow dry and straighten. I noticed an immediate difference in the appearance of my hair after the first time I used it. It had more shine, the split ends were less noticeable and there was a bit of extra body to my hair. An added bonus is that it smells great! Sort of like vanilla mixed with something else maybe? I can't quite put my finger on the scent. My boyfriend kept complimenting me on my yummy smelling hair last time I used it.

Moroccanoil also makes an Intense Curl Cream that I may try at some point, as well as some of their other products.

I would definitely buy this again, though I will shop around and see where I can find the cheapest price on it. A little does go a long way, I only used about a pea sized amount. The full sized bottle would probably last me a long time.

Have you tried Moroccan Oil?

16 comments:

  1. My hair is pretty dry and damaged from all that highlighting and so moroccan oil is good for it. I use the cheaper one found at Sallys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aragon oil is the main ingredient and it's cheaper to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh that sounds amazing - where did you purchase this from iw anna get my hands on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Zerin - Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check out Sally's! Do you find it works as well?

    @Laura - Thanks for the nomination!

    @amynicola_ox - I bought it at a beauty supply store, I've seen it in hair salons that sell shampoos, conditions and styling products as well. Let me know if you try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard a lot of buzz around Moroccan Oil too! I'm definitely going to try it out this summer. Thanks for the review, I'm looking forward to buying it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeh I guess it does work. I apply it to my wet hair and just airdry or style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE Moroccan Oil. I use it on myself and all of my clients on WET and DRY hair. It is worth the $$, makes your blow dry faster and def helps dry hair - or to prevent dry hair!
    P.S. Curly hair is AMAZING, if it's cut right and if you know how to style it! My hair is naturally straight, and I always wish for curls! Try to embrace those lovely locks!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard about this oil a while back and went out, bought it and never used it. Thanks for reminding me why I bought it.

    I also have curly hair and can never seem to style it correctly. Check out JudeRivera on YT. She has a great curly hair tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Rock That Look - You should try it! Definitely let me know what you think if you do! :)

    @Lift Beauty Boutique - I just tried it on dry hair recently and I love it, gives it so much more shine. I did notice that it cuts blow drying time, always a plus! It already takes me long enough to do my hair between blow drying and straightening, so any amount of time saved helps!

    @marisol - Let me know what you think when you try it out! Isn't curly hair such a pain? I've actually seen that JudeRivera tutorial a while back. She makes it look so easy! I have tried a couple of times with her way and it never comes out properly. I think it's one of those things I need to experiment with a bunch, but it's just time consuming to do so, and such a gamble if you actually have to go out and it doesn't turn out well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Moroccan Oil! I have the little size too but a little goes a long way :) I agree with Lift Beauty Boutique - embrace those lovely locks! I wish I had curly hair too - if it's cut right it'll be easier to style and maintain. Go see Emily at LIFT :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a pain especially getting the right cut. Right now I am growing my hair out so it's in that awkward stage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just tried this yesterday! I'm also trying a new straightener though, so it was hard to tell which one made a difference, but my hair looked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want this! I'll try to get my hands on a small bottle. I'm curious to see if it really does cut down blow dry time -- I'm extremely lazy with my hair and need it to be fast so that I can have more time for makeup! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never tried Moroccan oil before but I have seen it in some products :) My hair is mostly dry and I use Philosophy's Shear Splendor which is another oil. Basically, I think all oils are good for hair :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am really curious about this!! Someone else asked me about it and now I am seeing it all over, lol!! Im glad to know you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Moroccan Oil products are amazing. I have curly hair and it makes my hair softer and shinier without weighing my curls down. Definitely recommend it to anyone with dry or dull hair.

    ReplyDelete