Monday, January 18, 2010

MAC All Ages, All Races, All Sexes Collection Haul, Review and Swatches

It took me forever to put this post together, but better late than never, right?

These are the things I picked up from the MAC All Ages, All Races, All Sexes collection that came out January 7th.


Personal Style Beauty Powder Blush
This colour is described by MAC as a light mauve taupe. It looks so gorgeous in the pan, that I just bought it without really considering what I'd use it for. I tried to get swatches, but it seems to blend in with my skin so much that it doesn't really show up. I'm NC25 for reference. I may just try to use this as a highlight or even a setting powder. Paler gals might be able to get away with using it as a contour.


All Races eye shadow
This shade is very light but not quite white, it has a bit of a mauve undertone with a matte finish. It's a pretty unique colour in my opinion. I have been loving it as a lid colour.


Cross Cultural eye shadow
A nice matte medium chocolately brown. Makes a nice crease colour.


Showstopper eye shadow
I didn't pick this up with this collection, I've had it for a while in the Diana Eyes:2 quad that came out some time ago with the Diana Ross collection. It's a nice blackened brown that I like to use in my outer v.


Cross Cultural, Showstopper, All Races (clockwise from the left)


Showstopper, Cross Cultural, All Races


Showstopper, Cross Cultural, All Races

Banshee eye shadow (not pictured) I purchased this a few years ago when it came out with the Rebelrock collection, but I swapped it away soon after. I am really not a fan of lustres, and the colour pay off wasn't very good.


Glamour For All lipglass
I wasn't originally planning to get any of the lipglasses from this collection, as I'm trying to use up the ones I currently have, but Glamour For All caught my eye. It's a nice milky pink colour that isn't very similar to any of the glosses I have in my collection right now. It would go great with a variety of looks from an every day neutral look to a more dramatic smokey eye.

Did you pick up anything from this collection? What do you think?

Stay tuned for an update on my trip to Ikea this weekend with pics of what I purchased and how I'm organizing my collection now.

No comments:

Post a Comment